Disability Benefits And Proving Your Physical Limitations
To qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) through a physical disability claim, you must demonstrate (a) that your physical limitations prevent you from working and/or (b) that your disabilities fit the criteria for a listed physical impairment.
In 25 years of representing SSDI claimants in Boise and throughout Idaho and eastern Oregon, Mossman Law Office has helped thousands of clients get qualified for benefits for a wide range of disabling health conditions.
Contact us if you have been turned down for disability benefits. For a free initial consultation, please call 208-874-0900 or complete our contact form. Our SSDI and SSI attorneys are here to help. Se Habla Español
Physical Disability Claims
We have helped clients receive benefits in every category:
- Musculoskeletal — spinal issues (chronic low back pain, herniated disc), loss of limb or motor function, degenerative disease
- Respiratory — asthma, emphysema and other lung ailments
- Cardiovascular — coronary disease and heart defects
- Digestive system — liver disease, inflammatory bowel disease
- Neurological — epilepsy, Parkinson’s, cerebral palsy and other nervous system conditions affecting motor ability
- Diabetes and related ailments
- Immune system — lupus, HIV, inflammatory arthritis
- Cancer and other malignant disease
Some medical impairments have a mental impairment component, such as chronic depression or reduced capacity from a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Some physical disability claims may not fit neatly into these categories. The goal for your lawyer is to match your unique symptoms and medical diagnosis to the technicalities of the Social Security Administration’s listed criteria. Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, for example, are not officially recognized by the SSA, but we have been able to get many sufferers qualified for benefits.
We use our extensive experience with the SSA bureaucracy and knowledge of the medical impairments to get additional documentation from treating and consulting physicians to prove that you cannot work because of your physical disability.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
If you are ready to speak with a lawyer about your disability claim, please call Mossman Law Office in Boise at 208-874-0900 or complete our contact form. We represent clients throughout Idaho and eastern Oregon. Se Habla Español